- lucy: i knew that if you loved me.. i could tell you and you'd forgive me.
- paul: i'm not sure i can forgive you.
- lucy: because you dont love me.. do you?
- paul: lucy... i wanted to... its just--
- lucy: its just isabelle, isnt it? its always been isabelle.
- paul: im really sorry.
- lucy: so am i.
William Shakespeare (via quote-book) from the play measure for measure.
if i’d never made that mistake, as terrible as it was, as heartbreaking the consequence… maybe i’d have never really understood. all i can do now is try. i am trying to make the loss worth its impact.